All Hirers must abide by the following Conditions of Hire:
- USE OF THE PREMISES
- The Hall, Car Park, surrounding area and contents to be left in the condition as found.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for the full cost of repair or replacement of any damage or loss caused to any part of the Hall, Car Park, surrounding area and contents in connection with the hire.
- All damage or loss must be reported to the Hall Management Committee as soon as possible.
- The Hirer co-operate with the Committee to take responsibility for the supervision of the premises, the fabric and contents, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises during the hire period. This will extend to the car park and surrounding area, in particular the hirer must co-operate to ensure there is no disturbance to local residents and no car park overflow.
- When more than one event is taking place at the same time, each hirer must show consideration to the other.
- The Hirer must ensure that the Hall and its contents are left in a clean and tidy condition. Rubbish to be sorted and bagged and placed in the appropriate area.
- The Hirer is responsible for the safety of all persons at their event and for the safe and proper use of all equipment and also complying with all Health and Safety Rules as displayed.
If you wish to decorate the Hall for the event, the Hirer must consult the Hall Management Committee and indicate this on the booking form.
- BOOKING PROCEDURE.
No booking will be deemed confirmed until Canolfan Hermon has received:
- A completed and signed Booking Form from the Hirer and
- Payment in Full
If a confirmed booking is cancelled by the Hirer, FOR WHATEVER REASON, the hirer will be entitled to refunds as shown below:
- at least 1 month before date of the booking 100% refund
- 2 weeks notice 75% refund
- 1 week notice 50% refund (or 10% fee if date is changed)
- less than 1 week notice no refund (or 10% fee if date is changed)
The Management Committee reserves the right to refuse any application, postpone or cancel a hiring and revise the charges from time to time. Every effort will be made to give reasonable notice should any of these actions prove necessary.
The Hirer shall, on making the booking, inform the Management Committee if refreshments are being served at the event. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to comply with current Food Hygiene rules and regulations. Any outside caterer contracted by the Hirer, must also comply with current regulations.
No alcohol is to be brought onto the premises by the Hirer or attendees of the Hirer’s event. A bar can be made available at the Hall, by prior agreement with the Committee, which will be under the supervision of the committee or their nominee.
- EXCLUSIUON OF LIABILITY
Canolfan Hermon shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any property arising out of the Hire; Or for any loss, damage or injury which may be incurred by or to any person(s) coming to Canolfan Hermon during the hiring arising from any cause whatsoever which may cause the building to be temporarily closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled.
The Management does not undertake to maintain any insurance save that required by law. The Hirer shall take out adequate insurance to cover the Hirer, members of the Hirer’s organisation and invitees against all claims arising as a result of the hire and, on demand shall produce the policy or other evidence of cover to the Management Committee.
The Hirer(s) named on the booking form is responsible for complying with these conditions. They shall not assign or share the benefit of the Hiring agreement without due notice to Centre staff.
The Hiring may be terminated by notice given by the Management Committee if:
- any fee is not paid on time
- any unacceptable behaviour is observed
- any of the above conditions are not complied with or broken.